Field Service Engineer
Vacancy for Rademaker USA (Cleveland, Ohio)
Rademaker USA, Inc. is the North American sales and service subsidiary of Rademaker BV, a Netherlands based worldwide leader in the manufacture of industrial food processing equipment, primarily for the baking industry. Our facility in Hudson Ohio houses our sales, accounting, project management, and technical support for the U.S. and Canadian markets. Our equipment solutions can be found in every sector of the baking industry.
Description of Position:
Perform technical services on Rademaker food processing equipment at our customers’ facilities primarily in the U.S. and Canada. Since this is a frontline customer position, candidates must be customer oriented and assist with building and maintaining customer relationships. It is key for the person in this position to maintain the excellent image that our customers have about our company. The ideal candidate must have strong mechanical aptitude with an understanding of electricity and PLC programming.
• Perform technical after sales services at customer locations such as:
• Inspections, troubleshooting and training.
• Recognize and recommend preventative and/or corrective maintenance.
•Installing upgrades and carrying out revisions.
• Install and commission new units and/or complex production lines at customer locations, which includes:
• Set up of the mechanical workings.
• Set up the controls (electrical, electronic, PLC, and pneumatic).
• Ensure customers’ end product is produced as intended.
• Assist with customer Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) conducted at Rademaker BV (Netherlands) in close communication with the responsible sales manager.
• Follow procedures with a high level of quality and safety.
• Perform instrument loop checks.
• Work on process control components, including panelviews and minor PLC programming in the field.
• Maintain paperwork requirements such as service reports and timesheets.
• Manage expenses.
• Maintain customer relations, understand company service and equipment offerings, recognize customer needs and make recommendations to promote company revenue growth.
• Support our proactive Service Agreement model.
• Provide feedback to management for process improvements.
• A part of 24/7 on call technical support rotation.
• Willingness to travel up to 70%. Majority of travel will be domestic, but occasional international travel will be required. Typical assignment length ranging from one day to three weeks.
• At least a two year technical degree or equivalent with some electrical and PLC controls.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and exposure to an interest in PLCs.
• Allen Bradley PLC knowledge a must, Siemens a plus.
Flexible with schedule and able to handle changes at a moment’s notice.
• Work deviating hours as necessary.
• Strong organizational and self-managing skills.
• Customer directed and service friendly.
• Ability to learn all aspects of Rademaker food processing equipment.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Willingness to work in various conditions that may be hot, cold, noisy, dusty, etc…
• Ability to lift 50-75+ pounds.
• Able to climb stairs and ladders.
Please send your resume with motivation to: email@example.com.
Rademaker USA Inc. 5218 Hudson Dr. Hudson, OH 44236. United States. Phone : (330) 650-2345. Fax: (330) 656-2802.